Why I Strongly Dislike Being on My Smartphone

Originally published at: Why I Strongly Dislike Being on My Smartphone | Techpost

Just because they’re taking over the world, it doesn’t mean that everyone has to love them. Look, I’m not about to go on a tangent of why smartphones are toxic or anything like that. Yet, I can say without a moment’s hesitation that I prefer to be using my smartphone as little as possible. Perhaps…

I feel the same! Lately I’ve used my phone far too much. I feel less overwhelmed and happier when I leave it in another room with the sound off.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one :wink:

Same here as well.

I wrote about this many years back:

https://bryanhadaway.com/tired-of-technology/

I’m much more aggressive these days. I completely rooted my phone, removed all the apps, all the fancy features, essentially making it a dumbphone. The camera doesn’t even work anymore. All it can do is phone calls and texts.

And even then, I keep it on Airplane Mode and only check it 1-2 times a day as needed. As a bonus life hack, keeping your phone in Airplane Mode saves on your battery life significantly. I’m talking not losing even 1% of battery life for hours.

Overall, it’s incredibly refreshing. You should have control over your phone, not the other way around.